Hi guys both our machines are quite dirty after a busy season of digging, ditching, and trenching. But our biggest problem is washing off that terrible black gunk on the boom and stick and pretty much everywhere else. We don't have our own shop yet with a steam type pressure washer are there any tricks to getting rid of this gunk without wearing it? lol
Try this if you can, next best thing to a good steam cleaner, works great https://www.zep.com/product/zepcorporate/split-equipment-cleaner
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Purple-Power-Degreaser-1-Gallon/16778256 This stuff worked surprisingly well on greasy grime. I haven't used the zep product to be able to compare them.
What are you guys using to apply these chemicals?
Pump up garden sprayer works good enough for me.
Ok I'll see if we can get either degreaser here in Canada. I know I have seen other Zep products before at Home Depot.
Superclean at Walmart or Canadian Tire would work pretty good too. It comes in about a 4 litre size as well. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/superclean-946-ml/6000016950293
I have run a lot of hot water from a regular water heater through a garden variety gas pressure washer for a poor mans steam cleaner. It had a thermal relief valve to prevent itself from overheating when in recirc mode that was constantly spewing because the water was so hot but it never seemed to damage the pump. Maybe 160 degree water. Abuse of the pressure washer for sure but it got the job done. The hot water softens the grease and the pressure blows it away. Not completely but I figure the remaining grease film is a corrosion protection.