Thinking about buying this Mack dmm twin steer that is 8 hours away. I know the easy way to figure out the best way to transport it would be to get measurements off of it but I’m not driving 8 hours to do that and not sure if someone from the auction company would measure it for me. I can’t seem to find height of length specs on it. I know a couple truckers that have low boys and one with a Landoll trailer. Any guesses to the height on a Mack dmm with a manure tank on it? I worry about the length not fitting on a low boy and the Landoll flat deck it’d be to high
I have a "trail-eze" brand trailer, that is built like a landoll. Traveling axle rollback trailer. If I haul a standard freightliner/ peterbilt tractor on it, I need to pull the exhaust stack or I'm over height. Cab and cab horns and clearance lights will usually be legal. That mack stands pretty tall, I doubt I could get it on my traileze without a overheight permit. Overheight permits would gain you another 1' up without too much trouble, may need a pilot car depending on local regs. And watch for low underpasses. You can gain 4-6" down or so if you let the air out of the tires after loading. Make sure to block the axles then, instead of having it ride on the flattened tires. Hallback is in oregon, he just had a twin steer kw hauled to him from california like this on a drop deck. I would probably use a drop deck instead of getting the permits at a 8 hour haul. Its post #74 in this thread: HeavyEquipmentForums
Here's an idea: Print two copies of the picture and cut a tire out of one. Probably 24" rubber, lay the tire up against the second picture and count the number of tires from front to rear. Because of the angle of the picture it won't be 100% but it ought to be pretty close. You could figure the height this way too. Multiply the diameter of the tire times the number of tires. With out those things sticking up off the tank I bet you'd be pretty close to being able to run on a low profile trailer
will take detach with at least a 31' well and lowpro tires