Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack Heavy Hauler

BKrois ยท 2009-06-07 20:56

I took a ride to New Jersey today for an ATHS (Antique Truck Historical Society) Local Chapter Show in Florham Park. Amoungst a mix of heavy spec trucks was this Mack DM800 with beam trailer belonging to Conforti Heavy Hauling Service from NJ. I am not sure of the year of the truck, I believe it is mid-late 80s. The tractor sports: E-9 V8 Mack 440hp motor Mack 12 speed lo-hole transmission Mack 23,000 Front End Mack 80,000 Rear end 14.00x24.00 Rubber The tractor is around 9' 3" wide The trailer is a 1951 Rogers Beam trailer with a 90 ton capacity. The trailer also sported 14.00x24.00 rubber on it. This is one of two DM800 tractors the company owns, the other is a tri-axle tractor. They have an Autocar, Superliner and some Peterbilt tractors along with around 35 trailers. If anyone is into models, a 1/64th scale was made by Die Cast Promotions based on one of their Peterbilt tractors.

Replies16
  1. #1KW3182009-06-07 23:39

    Pretty cool stacks on the Mack. Thanks

  2. #2landtekk2009-06-08 03:14

    Great pics Beefy and I like those twin stacks too. Scott

  3. #3Case 580e2009-06-08 06:05

    iknow this guy hes moved equipment for my dads company

  4. #4hvy 1ton2009-06-08 16:20

    I like the dual stacks out the one side.

  5. #5tonka2009-06-08 18:22

    that baby will be at E town this year, i was at the P&G show in north haven yesterday....lol

  6. #6sbrem2009-06-08 20:54

    That DM is cool. I wouldn't mind taking that for a spin.

  7. #72004F5502009-06-08 21:48

    SRS has some nice equipment wow

  8. #8Lil' Danny2009-06-09 06:25

    You must have been talking with Frank or John. We have taken Brutus to that show for the past two years, but this year we were busy building our new dirt car....

  9. #9sbrem2009-06-09 16:53

    They sure do!

  10. #10tonka2009-06-09 21:30

    yes Jerry has some nice stuuf and a great bunch of guys working for him! There all going to be at the ECLC show in NJ this weekend!

  11. #11sbrem2009-06-09 21:44

    I can't wait for Saturday to get here. Its going to be a great show!

  12. #12tonka2009-06-10 14:11

    i don't know if i will be making the show i was told i have to work saturday!

  13. #13sbrem2009-06-10 18:04

    That sucks. How late do you work until?

  14. #14D5G2009-06-10 20:50

    Danny, i think brutus and the DM should have a pull-off.... wonder what the Conforti boys would say to that? Game on?

  15. #15Lil' Danny2009-06-12 18:37

    Think Frankie would want to keep it if he won.

  16. #16D5G2009-06-12 22:21

    pssh, what would he do with it ??:beatsme:beatsme:Banghead