Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mack transmition needed

terex 20B ยท 2010-01-30 22:20

Hi. I have a 1988 Mack midliner,made in France by Renualt. It has a 10 speed tranny. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a trans. for it.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thnxs guys.

Replies11
  1. #1Buster F2010-01-31 10:37

    Global truck in Winchester NH probably has one. They specialize in used Mack parts and have a huge inventory

  2. #2terex 20B2010-02-01 00:29

    Thnxs for the info. I'll try getting a hold of them and see what they have available.

  3. #3PSDF3502010-02-01 12:36

    Was going to recomend them myself.:drinkup http://www.globaltrucktraders.com/

  4. #4absolutediesel2010-02-12 21:55

    unfortunately midliners only made a few years in usa (damn emmisions)then they tried an electronic nightmare called freedom................... used parts are rare and now that volvo owns mack parts for midliner went thru the roof( i know i am a mack tech here in chicago)sorry for the news

  5. #5Oldiron2010-02-12 23:17

    Figured you for a mack guy when you mentioned the bosch pump timingon the 300 thread , pop over to thedieselgarage HD forum there is a pulling thread where a couple of guys are running R models with E-6 s and also a vid of an E-9 dynofailure http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

  6. #6absolutediesel2010-02-12 23:52

    will do thanks for the invite!

  7. #7clueless2010-02-13 01:02

    Terex: If you're still looking for a trans, try bigmacktrucks and aths (if you haven't already). Good luck.

  8. #8rigandig2010-02-13 07:40

    Terex, I know where there is one of the "Renault" Macks setting. Not sure what trans it has, but you're welcome to call them and see. I'm sure they would like to get rid if the entire truck for probably less than a trans would cost. Name of the business is Crown Leasing in Seekonk, Ma. They used the truck for a yard truck for some years and last time I was thru there it was parked with weeds growing up around it, so it may be an option for you. Number there is 508-336-9210. Ask for Frank.

  9. #9Dumpsterdavid2010-02-13 23:44

    Check on Ebay. Those trucks are always listed. You can buy an entire truck for what some places want for just the trans.

  10. #10terex 20B2010-02-14 02:04

    Thnxs guys. I know that parts through Mack are ridicuolus. A clutch alone is around 3500 dollars. I have a newholland spreader on the truck and it gets abused badly in conditions where most trucks would'nt attempt to go.We also have a couple of 4900 IH trucks, and the suspension does'nt stand up near as well as the Mack on these, thats why I really don't want to part the truck out. Thnxs again for the help!!

  11. #11aja722010-02-24 04:41

    There are many sites on net form where you can buy any parts of Mack Heavy Trucks like Ebay, amazon, truckpaper, Kijiji This are the popular sites for trucks here you find dealers & for the you can get a detail information from the dealers.