A request was made for some B61 and White pics on the New Zealand truck thread, so rather than hijack that thread, I thought I would start another thread with some pics of trucks down under and hopefully a lot more from down under will get added to it. These trucks are kept at the National Road Transport Hall of Fame in Alice Springs and if you ever get to Alice Springs, it is an absolute must to go to the Hall of Fame and have a look at the history of trucking in Australia. No: 1 & 2: B61 Thermodyne No: 3: Mack Flintstone No: 4: Fill er' up! We pulled in to a servo for petrol and this road train was parked there, filling up the underground tanks. No: 5: White Rn'R.
Nice truck pics, I especially like the tanker road train. The Boral mixer is interesting, Boral just makes bricks here in the south. It must be the same company, the logo and colors are the same.
Nice trucks! I'm not sure what year or model the White is, it looks similar to the '62 White 4000 I drove too many years ago. Really cool B-61. That second Mack was the horse that hauled coal in the mountains of Kentucky and West Virginia back in the 70's. They'd take a DM600 with camel back suspension, 64,000 lb axles, and a big aluminum body, and pile 40 ton of coal on her.