Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Madill 075 super snorkel gets new life

WFP1561 ยท 2014-01-22 19:47

This machine getting 2 new series 50 detriots

Replies15
  1. #1DBDLS2014-01-22 20:19

    That will be one awesome sounding machine when that re-engining gets done. I just love the sound those 50 Series engines make. I'd thought that the concept behind the 50 Series engine (take 2 cylinders off of a big 6 cylinder and add a couple of balance shafts) was such a good idea that every other engine manufacturer would have been all over it. Anyway, WFP1561, keep the 075 engine changeout pictures coming if you can. Sure would be nice to see some pictures as the job progresses. Thank you.

  2. #20752014-01-22 23:21

    My 075 is getting a series 50 next year . New gantry and boom and under carriage this year.Have run one with it in it nice power plant

  3. #3theironoracle2014-01-31 00:06

    wow is all I can say! I like the rebuild projects but why in the world would anyone put a series 50 back in anything? I have only been around one in a madill feller buncher but that has come out of the chassis twice in 7000 hours! when you talk to Detroit they hate it. One guy there told me it almost bankrupted them. The ex madill guys I have talked to seem to be confused why this machine hasn't been changed to a cummins.........TIO

  4. #4Chopper952014-01-31 01:53

    Seems like a good little project you got going I'll second the more pictures! It's always nice to have more than you need; I wish I would had documented a lot of things I didn't - saves a lot of time and money occasionally. I've heard the 50 is a good engine, but I don't have much experience with Detroit products in general.

  5. #50752014-01-31 20:09

    Snappy throttle, sips fuel like a mizer, good power, the right amount of accessory drives and it fits in the engine bed. WFP has three of them now in 075's Menzies being the fourth. And have only lost one do to a oil problem (lack of oil maybe?) My machine likely to be the fifth next summer

  6. #6GoldRiverHD2014-02-01 05:24

    We put one in our 075 last year. Was a shame to have to do it out in the woods.

  7. #7WFP15612014-02-03 13:17

    Here are some more pics There was some issues during installation but expect this machine to be mobile within the next couple days. New rad showed up on pallet with a hole in the bottom of it.

  8. #8DBDLS2014-02-04 12:40

    Requesting help from 075 for an 075 Hello 075: i tried to PM you but HEF says your mailbox is full. Could you PM me with a way to contact you? I would like to have your help with an 075 project Serge Roberge and I are working on. Thanx, DBDLS

  9. #9Vigilant2014-02-04 21:51

    Hey DBDLS: Is Serge Roberge any kin to John Roberge, the author of Timber Country, and also Timber Country Revisited?

  10. #10DBDLS2014-02-06 13:22

    Not that I am aware of. All I know is he is a true artist and I love what he does with wood. Check out robergereplicasinwood.ca and you'll see what I mean.

  11. #11DBDLS2014-02-06 13:29

    075, its DBDLS again. I received your PM. Tried 4 times to reply. I am pretty frustrated right now. Could you PM me with your phone number and I will phone you on Sunday? Name the time and I will call. I am powered out pecking out PMs to you, only to the HEF black hole eat them. GRRRRRR. Thank you in advance. DBDLS.

  12. #12WFP15612014-02-25 12:53

    075 leaving the shop and heading for the woods with 2 new Detroit series 50,s

  13. #13ap40rocktruck2014-02-26 01:18

    Well that is a fine looking re-powered rig! What is the tire size ? Ap40

  14. #14HD Mech2014-02-27 00:21

    14.00 x 25

  15. #15Blk prince2014-03-15 09:42

    HD,looking for an update on your rebuild asto how machine is doing such as power and fuel consumption