I aquired a mag drill driven line bore set, and it's a hand fed rig. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a variable speed power feed for a mag drill or mag base annular cutter? If anyone has ever built an easy to use, nice designed set up like this? Or if anyone has any ideas on this. I haven't even got to try it out yet, Im just looking for ideas.
I'm not aware of an add on but I know there are mag drills that come from the Mfg'r with power feed, not sure what the rate is and if it could be the right pace for boring or not. I've talked to guys that have built their own power feed, I don't think it would be all that hard.
Iv just lately gotten some line bore stuff. It is set to use with a mag drill. Im trying to put together a power feed set up that will look like a york setup. Twin rod to slide on lead screw with a power feed from a mill. Bolt the mag drill moter to it. Will see how it turns out..
Junkyard Yeah, I agree with you, I feel like it would be possible I just didn't wanna spend a huge amount of time figuring something out that is already out there. DARO Is it the American machine tool set? I ask because that's the one I bought the q150. And yeah I thought of using the slide as a guide and the hand feed mechanism to incorporate some sort of gear reduction and electric motor of some kind.
@sbell4 . ya its amercian mechine. And some bits and parts of shop built stuff. I hope to get it together in the next couple weeks. We'll see how that goes.
Yeah. Now I just need a lathe and mill to get it the way I want it. Lol