Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

magnet

oakland ยท 2008-11-27 00:54

heres my new custom magnet i built, i put 3 super powered magnets inside and put the cover back on. there will be more pictures posted later i just got the brand new cat 308 with new logos and the cat 432E sideshift backhoe.

Replies7
  1. #1curly2008-11-27 09:14

    Very cool!

  2. #2digger242j2008-11-27 09:27

    The magnet is cool, but what I really wanna see is what those enormous screws came out of...

  3. #3oakland2008-11-27 14:49

    there from the woodshop at school, i had them in my pocket when i was building my display case and forgot to take them out . heres some pictures.

  4. #4stretch2008-11-28 10:54

    That magnet is awesome! The backhoe isn't bad either, attachments always sweeten the deal.

  5. #5Bellboy2008-12-20 12:13

    The magnet is awesome, as stated above. What is the 432E like? I have one for sale near me, and seeing as I am like the only earthmoving model specific collector in the area, It is probably still safe. I had a look in detail when I was visiting it, and compared to my JCB and Volvo, the sideshift isn't really that spectacular. What do you have to say about it? Do the feet come down? Movable accugrade antena? I'm sure it would make a nice friend for my other cat

  6. #6oakland2008-12-20 18:16

    the 432e is (in my opinion) pretty detailed. the pads at the back do come down, not too far though. i have to agree i really dont care for the side shift, but whatever. it has an extendahoe and the gps holes are hidden, the receiver is removable but it doesent really move. it is a nice model overall and i would not mind having another 1.

  7. #7Bellboy2008-12-21 01:39

    Thanx for the heads up. Just wondering about all those things, coz my JCB's feet don't come down, and the 'multipurpose bucket' doesn't open, though, I'm not complaining, just making a statement. I'll look into buying it asap.