My control valve has a couple of scored bores in it, has anyone had any experiance with repairing such a problem. The crowd cylinder drifts bad and on a hot day it will cause the boom spool to stick from the oil being super heated when passing thru the grooves in the bore. I had planned to try have the spools built up with hard chrome and have the bores honed to fit the over sized valves but nobody seems to be able to do the job, has anyone got any ideas besides replacing the valve.
shoulda bought my 690
control valve From past experiences, I think you are wasting your time. If you could find someone to fix it, it would cost you big bucks and you still have a used unit thats not up to specs. Everyone (including me) with the economy like it is, tries to save money. I have had this back fire on me several times, then the money I spent on the so call repair, is wasted and you still have to do it right. Call a salvage place and get a used unit, you take a chance on this also, but most of them, will replace the unit, if its not right. How much does JD charge for this? find out then call a salvage place and compare. If you have a machine that you charge by the hour, its got to be right, or you could get kicked off the job, then youll spend the money anyway, plus you have a unhappy customer. check out these numbers for a part 877-672-5824 866-327-3681 1-800-581-9265 1-800-972-5335 910-256-2114
i have used psi repair services they fixed a 17,000 dollar control valve for 3,500 dollars www.psi-repair.com/86.html
I got a used valve coming, they have resealed it and warrenty it for 90 days, found a couple of places that will repair the valve but the time frame was unacceptable. HFC are parts expensive!! Sorry Dayexco, you maybe right, the one I bought has been a bit of a money pit but hopefully I have covered all the bases now and have one that will go the distance.