Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

main pin on U-frame BD2G

penetrater ยท 2017-11-06 09:31

HI their, I have a BD2G that I just rebuilt one of the hydraulic lifting cylinders on , afterwards I noticed that the blade would shift from one side to the other while lifting or pushing down with the blade,, after a lot of looking I found out that the main pin and keeper were missing from the left side . both of the keeper bolts are broken off and no pin at all , and now I see only one bolt on the other sides keeper is still intact but at least the pin is holding. I have looked and called every place I can find in the US without any luck finding a new or even a used one. Mitsubishi has stopped sending replacement parts to the US ,or at least that is what I have been told. I haven't been able to find even a part Number for the pin. looking for any information I can get , Is their one used on another dozer that will fit ? Thanks, Mark

Replies14
  1. #1Crummy2017-11-06 09:36

    Try Rhine Equipment in Tacoma, WA. When I had my BD2G they were good with parts & have dismantled machines also. http://www.rhineequipment.net/mitsubishi.htm

  2. #2penetrater2017-11-06 10:52

    yep tried them , not even a used one. but thanks!

  3. #3DMiller2017-11-06 15:12

    Looks like reverse engineer at a machine shop.

  4. #4Willie B2017-11-06 16:26

    I doubt these pins are special enough to be a big problem. Measure the one you have, get a piece of pin stock, cut, and drill. McMaster Carr, or any steel vendor can sell you cold rolled stock. On other makes of tractor these pins are not special steel. Your problem may be excessive wear in the holes the pin passes through. In my Dresser, the C frame has replaceable bushings. The pin remains in the holes on the main frame of the tractor, still they wear. If this is the case, line boring, or the EXPANDER SYSTEM will be needed neither approach is cheap. Willie

  5. #5penetrater2017-11-07 08:19

    making one is what I was thinking I might have to do, some where I remember reading that the bd2g and a small ,, I think a Case model of around 40hp some of the parts were interchangeable . thanks for all your advice and help.

  6. #6DMiller2017-11-07 15:19

    Hate to say it but the little monsters look to be a cloned Allis HD4 or 655 series.

  7. #7Crummy2017-11-07 16:06

    Weren't they at one point the same as a Cat D4? Something rattling in the darkness & cobwebs of my memory. Kind of like my old "Cat" 307 was mostly (I think, memory again) Mitsubishi.

  8. #8Willie B2017-11-07 18:01

    Cat D3 is approximately 7 tons. Looking at this tractor, I'd estimate 4 tons. There's a lot of size difference between a D4, and this. Nice little machine, but like my Mitsubishi Satoh compact diesel 4x4 tractor, it's a bit of an orphan. I have a lathe. I seek the knowledge of others to source, or build parts. You are fortunate this time. The part you need is simple to fabricate. I suggest making more than one. You, or someone else might need another later.

  9. #9DMiller2017-11-07 19:24

    Allis and mitsu

  10. #10Willie B2017-11-07 21:32

    Similar in size. I don't see a part that could interchange between them.

  11. #11penetrater2017-11-08 08:54

    if I have to have one made ,,can thay make it with a grease zert on it ,or is that not necessary ? thanks again !

  12. #12Willie B2017-11-08 11:24

    I'd avoid grease. It stands no chance down in the dirt. Grease would quickly turn into an abrasive paste.

  13. #13penetrater2017-11-08 14:15

    thanks Willie

  14. #14penetrater2017-11-10 09:14

    well I found the pin ! I had about an hour to kill so I thought id try with my metal detector, and their it was about 6" deep in the house/shop pad I built. really lucky ,this place is 10 acres . after I get it all cleaned up ill take a pic , the pin and keeper are one piece ,thought it was two,,, I'm going to have a machinist make another one , that way I and anyone can have access to one., on a side note ,that was all the luck I had,, lost $60 at the casino later that night,, it was worth a shot !