Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Maintenance Software

Landworks ยท 2009-09-29 21:59

Just curious as to who is using Maintenance software and who likes what. We have been demo'ing the RTA Fleet Management system for a couple of weeks. It is written for both equipment and trucking companies. Curious as to any systems people recommend the are geared toward heavy equipment. Thanks! Jon

Replies7
  1. #1OFF2009-10-08 22:42

    I found that most of the software out there was aimed a trucking fleets and they didn't completely meet my needs. I ended up making my own "progam" using M/S Access database. It's got one section where I store all the info on each peice of equipment, model, serial, filter #'s, tire sizes, etc. Another section where I store all my contact info/vendors & stuff. Another section lists all the equipment, last service date, last service hours, service frequency, and current hour meter reading. It also stores stuff like last coolant change, hyd. oil change, trans oil change, etc. The fuel guy reads the hour meters as he fuels, using a report it prints for me, gives me the readings, I input them, run another report that spits out everything that's due, how overdue it is, and includes all the filter numbers so I can check stock/order without having to look it all up. It works, it's simple and you have the freedom to make it exactly what you want/need. :beatsme

  2. #2SterlingR2009-10-09 08:58

    Komatsu was developing a program specifically for equipment. My last position with the Komatsu dealer was monitoring and help selling maintenance contracts. At one point we had 700 machines on contract. It was a pretty cool program, you could set up job sites and move machines around. It was especially useful with Komtrax(GPS) it would up date the hours automatically as well as notify you if a machine was moved.

  3. #3OFF2009-10-09 10:55

    How long before they make something with GPS location and wireless hour meter monitoring??

  4. #4SterlingR2009-10-14 19:14

    It is available now.

  5. #5scoops252013-07-31 10:37

    What is the Komatsu Software called? Is it out now?

  6. #6john10662013-08-01 21:42

    We use manager plus pro. It is pretty simple once you enter everything it is a lot like the access site that OFF created. Thereis a lot of databases set up and it is easy to navigate

  7. #7FMD2013-08-16 05:54

    The owner of RTA is a good guy. He is very knowledgable in fleet maintenance. I took a few of his seminars about 13 years ago. How long has Ron had the RTA program out? Do you like it so far.