On the job mess ups. Wow I can think of many. My worse would be a dozer crunching a chainsaw that was not put in a good place. I've seen a bunch of logger mishaps I don't remember how many pick ups at the various out fits I worked at that I've seen loggers munch, why would they drive to the trees they are falling? One of our operators D7 ed a motor bike, and a guys car. Excavator guys spinning with logs ending up on the cab, or having vine maples hit the travel levers and coming close to death. Trucks tipping over all sorts of fun stuff on the job. One enthusiastic employee starting to clear the wrong property. One company's dozer guy missing the clearing limits by 500 feet or more.
I flipped a little diesel farm tractor right up on it's rear tires straight up, dragging a stump from the top point of a 3 point. I fell off the back and it sat there and dug a couple of ruts while I got my underwear rearranged and shut it down. I was 14~15. A foreman drove out on the diversion dam at Cowlitz Falls and somehow missed the park position, stepped out of the truck, and off it went down a 1 to 1 slope of 2' minus. Same job an operator went into an employee parking lot for reasons unknown with the 988B, and counterweighted a subaru wagon in the A-pillar area. Got in his car and left, did not wait for the two checks.
I rolled an F250 while unloading a large ag tractor with a brush hog off a bumper pull trailer. The rear wheels of the truck came off the ground so no more brakes and the truck, trailer, tractor, and me all started rolling down the very gradual incline. It probably would have worked out okay as I was almost off the trailer, but the truck veered into an old road grader parked up ahead and perfectly lined up on the front grader tire. Instead of stopping, it just sort of climbed that grader tire in a very graceful barrel roll and ended up on its side when the trailer ball broke off. I put a chain on the truck and pulled it back over and much to my surprise, there was remarkably very little damage to the truck. I think a new mirror and some minor dents to the top of the truck cab were all that it needed. I sure learned my lesson though with bumper pull trailers...
I drove over the bar on my saw with a borrowed backhoe and also dented the hood of my farm tractor with same backhoe. The hoe on the deck stuck out a foot further than my judgement said it did. Also rolled the little tractor on its side ( the old one with no ROPS) brushhawging. Cam