Wondering how yall make contacts or find out about right of ways clearing jobs. There are tons of gas/oil pipelines, electrical and railway ROWs near me. Should i just start calling the utility companies and send emails untill i make the right connection? My company is currently a bushhogging/mowing/spraying contractor for Union Pacific railroad. We maintain 3 depots and approx 30/acres of fields around track interchanges. I'm looking to expand into more of this type of work. My company is licensed in Louisiana as Arborist, Utility Arborist, Landscape Contractor, Irrigation Contractor, and Commercial Applicator. I would like to land some longterm work in my area. By the way I'm in Southeastern Louisiana. Thanks in advance fellas.
I probably shouldn't be replying to this because I do not really handle any of this with my company, so you can probably take what I say with a grain of salt. I think we are part of a network called ISN, I believe? This tracks all of our credentials like our insurance policy, certifications, job qualification, accident rates and so on. Other companies who are on this network can look at it and see who is qualified to do the work they need, then they invite us for a bid viewing and we bid on the job or they contact us to do the job if they are not bidding it out. I think what you said about contacting the companies is correct as well, I think we also do this and get on a contractor list with the companies that we know are doing work in our area. Like I said this kind of stuff is outside of my job scope, so hopefully someone else chimes in here but I am close with the guys that do this stuff at my company.
It is called ISN Networld, many of the larger oil companies around here use it.