This was a find of a liftime when I drove by this site the other day. They are building a new fancy bridge here in dallas and are going to be using the 21000 to erect most of it. I snapped a few pics of the LR1280 getting some of the crane body ready. I drove by today and they are putting the super lift on. There will be more pics to follow JAson
could you get some pics of the Luffing jib...??? Please... thanks boy thats a monster
ok sorry I forgot to update th progress on this forum. I visited this site about 4 times to get some great close ups of this crane. I took my little girl, which she just loves to do, so you will she her in a few. What a great machine to see up close jason
a few more from a fwe of the other trips
more............
more...........
Ok this was the last visit, they were loading up the pieces of the boom. The main body was still there hiding under the bridge. Sad to see her go Hope you enjoyed here is a link to my photobucket album with a lot more pics of this crane. I also have a lot of them in High res. http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u56/jaynikl/crane%20pics/ Jason
Amazing.... and awesome! Thanks for the pics.
Ok very impressed with the crane but I do not understand the project. The arch looks like a support for cables to hold up some of the span. But span over What?? why are there not just piers to the ground like the other bridge ??
This is in the trinity river in Dallas, this is going to be a bridge over the river 1 of 3 new bridges that will be built here is a link to the site http://www.trinityrivercorridor.com/ Jason
Nice Shots!! I cant wait to be in the seat of a heavy lifter like that one.