Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manitowoc 31000 model at 1/24, handmate and functional !

Gilles-France · 2013-05-21 14:11

Hello everybody, This subject for to present you my crasy project, handmake one Manitowoc 31000 at 1/24 scale I started last year and think finish this year... It is almost all made of wood, and fully functional (8 moto-reducer and 5 winches on) I am french and I would like to know that Aùercian people can feel about it ? Regards, Gilles http://www.mega-maq39.com/

Replies10
  1. #1Huntoon2013-05-21 16:54

    I'm American and I think it looks great. Good job.

  2. #2Seilbagger2013-05-22 13:21

    Hi Gilles, voice from Germany: I think it looks very good and this is awesome. I hope you can finish it this year, because i want to see him operating

  3. #3BillG2013-05-22 14:05

    Very nice, wish I had the skill and patience (and time) to do something like this. You should send a link to Manitowoc, they may be interested in using it in some of their dealer news letter publications.

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2013-05-22 17:41

    Looks very good. Sounds like you are making it functional as well. Great model.

  5. #5Gilles-France2013-05-24 15:34

    First, Sorry for my poor english ! Thank you for all your comment, it is really motivating ! I make it all functional, and I hope to post some videos in the next weeks to show this I live in a small village in east of france, near Switzerland, and it is hard to share my hobby, so I will try to exhibit my model in some fair in france... It is in great way to finish end of this year ! I try to find if someone else around the world is making a 1/24 scale model of 31000, but I did not find yet... if you heard about the same project, please inform me ! Thank you again, From France

  6. #6busy dad2013-07-02 11:54

    Appears to be a great build...You do nice work..

  7. #7Gilles-France2013-07-18 08:47

    Hello, I made the first outing of the model. You can find my first video of it : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x120nt1_manitowoc-31000-au-1-24_creation Hope to finish end of this year ! Gilles

  8. #8BigIron252013-08-15 13:15

    Wow, I am shocked at the detail you have in this model, especially since you say most of it is made out of wood. The video of your model in action is superb. I love how you have hidden your switches in the power pack. As a crane operator and a tool and die machinist (I am a perfectionist when it comes to great detail) I think you have done an absolutely outstanding job on this model. Outstanding craftsmanship, thank you for sharing.

  9. #9glenlunberg2013-10-03 21:24

    Wow! That looks great! Nice work with your model! I'm also planning to have a scale model of a heavy equipment especially the trucks.

  10. #10oldtanker2014-01-05 22:50

    Just noticed this. Fantastic workmanship! Rick