Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manitowoc 31000 with boom dollie

ben94f150 ยท 2011-05-20 23:45

here is a cool pic i took of the 31000 with the jib resting on the boom dollie. Wonder how much weight is actually on these axles. Pretty cool sight must say. http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j383/ben94f150/imagejpeg_2_8.jpg?t=1305949277

Replies9
  1. #1mitch5042011-05-21 00:50

    A lot! neat pic, thanks

  2. #2heavylift2011-05-21 04:03

    wow!!!!

  3. #3John C.2011-05-21 12:19

    I never imagined there would be so much deflection in that luffer. They are either putting it together or breaking in down. Why put so much strain on the cords.

  4. #4heavylift2011-05-21 14:53

    no click viewing

  5. #5ben94f1502011-05-21 18:45

    Both 31000 were together with jib on. Just put them down. A lot strain on the boom looks like. But even up in the air if you look at the boom it bows a lot

  6. #6ben94f1502011-05-21 18:47

    thanks i was trying to put the pic up this way but couldn't. Didn't know how to.

  7. #7gostr8r2011-06-21 16:43

    Manitowoc has done there homework with the booms! My first 4,100 Series 3 Ringer had 340' of main and a 60' jib. I didn't think it would lift off with out folding but it finally started up at the tip and stayed like that for a long way up.

  8. #8gostr8r2011-06-22 08:32

    This is that S3 Manitowoc 4,100 Ringer I just mentioned. It was an HB Zachry project. My first lift was a tandem operation, with a little 518 Link Belt on the other end, to unload and set a steam drum that was more than 500,000 lbs. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y355/gostr8r/My Crane Rental Corp projects/#!cpZZ9QQtppZZ16

  9. #9gostr8r2011-06-23 21:37

    My bad! I linked the wrong job. This one is the S3 Manitowoc 4100W Ringer I mentioned in the reply. The other one above was also a Zachry project [3years later] but I used one of our own 718 Link Belts on that one. Here's the S3 Manitowoc 4100W Ringer. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums...re Crane Rental Corporation/#!cpZZ14QQtppZZ16