Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Manitowoc 4100 X-Tender pics

ben94f150 ยท 2011-10-04 12:52

As of my knowledge with Manitowoc Cranes their was only one pair like this built. Originally they were bought for a oil refinery project. In Shute Creek Wyoming. They were also used to assemble huge oil derrick platforms. Click on the link checkout the pics of this amazing crane. http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j383/ben94f150/Manitowoc%204100%20X-Tender/

Replies6
  1. #1heavylift2011-10-04 22:15

    odd to say the least

  2. #2gostr8r2011-10-07 08:53

    Good shots Ben, thanks. Like the details that are visible too.

  3. #3ben94f1502011-10-07 09:59

    Hi Thanks pretty awesome find must say. Interesting the cranes are from 1981 but the first ever Manitowoc X-Tender was built first in 1993. What makes it even more odd at the yard it was tested with 325 feet of no.67A Main boom and 200 feet of No.44 luffing jib

  4. #4gostr8r2011-10-07 11:48

    Yeah, I think that's a 4600 boom and a 2250 Luffing Jib or maybe even the 2250 Maxer Jib, but not sure. I don't memorize these things like I did in my younger days.

  5. #5ben94f1502011-10-07 21:17

    Hi Ray your one smart man it is a 2250 or m250 jib with 4600 main boom. U know your Manitowocs

  6. #6gostr8r2011-10-08 02:10

    If you remember I started out on a 4600 more than 35 years ago. I ran a Lampson 4600 S-5 in the Virgin Islands a little bit too. The Lampson TL-1200 we had there also used that 67 boom as it's jib.