Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

manitowok 4600 dragline

Troymartinjames ยท 2015-05-31 18:35

What is the largest capacity bucket for this crane ? I was applying for a job and human resource director said they was running a 15 yard bucket and digging 75 to 80 feet deep .I thought the capacity was 8 yard .

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2015-05-31 20:00

    Drag or clam? Depends on what you're digging of course, and how brave you are? Keep in mind the HR person is usually absolutely clueless about the positions they're trying to fill. On the other hand it may be a test to see if you have experience with this model?

  2. #2mowingman2015-05-31 20:15

    All the 4600's at the materials company I worked for, had 8 yard buckets. We had 7 of them as I recall. I would think you might be able to use a bigger bucket if you had a real short boom on the machine. We had about 140' of boom in ours. I believe the old 4600 Vicon machines were rated for around 240 tons. Jeff

  3. #3Troymartinjames2015-06-01 16:47

    Drag Bucket , Thank you .

  4. #4Troymartinjames2015-06-01 16:51

    Thank You, Jeff .You confirmed what I thought to be true.