Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

manual throttle controls

Randy88 ยท 2017-09-20 20:17

Anybody ever bought a manual throttle mechanism and cable for an excavator before, any ideas where to find something of quality that will last and work? Thanks in advance for any information.

Replies10
  1. #1repowerguy2017-09-20 20:33

    Yeah I've bought them from NAPA before, though it better be a good store or you'll get a lost look. They can get you pretty much any push pull cable you just need a length and travel distance.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2017-09-21 06:45

    This has been discussed on several threads.. I suk at searching so I cant be any help there.. I THINK its Kobelco that offers a "manual" control?? or its aftermarket FOR Kobelco?? It aint cheap tho..

  3. #3Randy882017-09-21 06:55

    I can't search for anything either, when I do it takes days or weeks to read to find what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd just ask, if anyone knows what thread it is, please post it again for me, thanks

  4. #4Volvomad2017-09-23 18:48

    I have fitted manual throttels to 2 hitachis using a lever and cable from old johndeere forage harvesters on the scrap heap . Work pretty good

  5. #5Randy882017-09-23 19:49

    Volvomad, thank for the idea, I'll check out the scrap yards the first of the week.

  6. #6repowerguy2017-09-23 21:31

    If you need the entire assembly, lever and all, hit up a ready mix truck. Lots of old rears had cable controls for drum drive and engine throttle. If you want new, I'm sure McNeilus will sell you a new assembly.

  7. #7Randy882017-09-23 21:38

    I thank you for the suggestions as to where to find used cable assemblies, been around all these things all my life and when you need something, a person just forgets what they are all used in.

  8. #8crane operator2017-09-23 23:34

    I'm getting a new push pull cable made for a manual clutch pedal. No one local made anything heavy enough. Inland truck parts makes the smaller 1/8" cables, but mine was 5/16" ends, so if you have a inland local, they might make your cable. These guys make about anything, that's where I'm sending mine monday: http://www.daytonclutch.com/cables

  9. #9John C.2017-09-25 00:12

    I usually went to boat or marine gear shops. They can custom make throttle cables with the levers and what ever type of ends you want. The hardest part of the job was designing and fabricating some kind of bracket to connect to the governor lever.

  10. #10mitch5042017-09-25 22:54

    www.baumhydraulics.com/