Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Marble Hill Ohio River Reclamation Project **video**

EarthRockHill ยท 2010-09-08 11:28

At the peak of its construction phase in 1984 Marble Hill Nuclear Power plant employed over 8,000 workers. 6 years and $2.8 billion into the construction the facility was scuttled being only 40% complete. Poor construction methods and a lack funding for the remaining $7.4 billion were to blame. Since 2008 MCM Management Corp. has been systematically demolishing the many buildings of the facility while recycling its metals, materials and concrete. A significant land parcel, adjacent to the Ohio River, this rural 275 acre site is being reclaimed and developed for reuse. Lots of great well used CAT equipment here and a Manitowoc 4600 dragline with a 23,000 pound wrecking ball/cube!! YouTube - Marble Hill Ohio River Reclamation Project

Replies11
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-09-08 13:37

    Another great video Stephen!

  2. #2stock2010-09-08 21:48

    Fantastic Steve excellent work again you have my deepest admiration . Stock

  3. #3DEERE310SG2010-09-09 11:14

    Nice video.:thumbsup

  4. #4AmericanLandMgt2010-09-09 12:35

    Great video! I always love the music you put with your videos.

  5. #5FSERVICE2010-09-09 21:16

    stephen did you film when mcm imploded the containment bld? that was really cool to see my camera messed up and i didnt get any of it going down you got some great videos thanks for posting them

  6. #6EarthRockHill2010-09-10 07:40

    No, I did not. I had another commitment in Boston with a long standing client on that day. I plan to shoot the other containment building implosion for sure. Thanks for the compliment on my videos. I really enjoy filming and editing them...

  7. #7245dlc2010-09-10 12:05

    Wow cool video, I was planning on making a in cab video of me taking down a house on a twenty-five foot wide lot without touching the adjacent properties, but the company I was working for ran out of work so I went back to more regular boring earthmoving work.

  8. #8Beachbum02862010-09-11 09:55

    Great video!! Its crazy they would invest all that money only to stop and tear it down!

  9. #9EarthRockHill2010-09-11 11:34

    This place has been dormant and abandoned since 1985 or so. The property was eventually bought by a local farmer/land owner in the late 90's. The amount of heavy grade steel, and rebar there is what makes demolishing the structures 'affordable' to tear it all down.

  10. #10D5G2010-10-04 17:27

    Another great video, Stephen....keep up the great work!

  11. #11DigDug2010-10-05 21:01

    Nice job ! Great video!