I received a letter in mail regarding an emergency mark out. It stating that there is a possible violation. What had happened is that it was the first time working for this builder and he called me stating that he wanted to replaced a water service the next day. He stated the water service was leaking and needed to be replaced. The contractor that he normally used has been increasing acting irrational and he believed that he mayne using drugs. Well I called the mark out and the next day while I was there, the former contractor showed up, making a big deal about the mark out. Saying that he was going to complain about it. Well I guess he did. The letter is requesting a response in writing, Any ideas how to respond to this? The service it self was no problem. The water was turned off prior to me getting there and there was 3 or for old services in the ground when I dug,
Who did you get the the letter from ? Was it New Jersey One Call ? What is being requested in the letter ? I have never heard of anybody that isn't involved in the excavation complaining to the mark out company.
It was from the board of utilities. That want an explanation and information of why I called the markout. Its another contractor trying to get even when he was dropped from working with this builder.
Wouldn't you just write a letter explaining the builder had an emergency call to fix a leak, so you called for the locate to ensure no damage was done to any utilities? I'm thinking that I don't understand the issue here. Are you not allowed to call for utility locates yourself or something?
Can you give some details on what his complaint was about the mark-out ? Were you supposed to go through the board of utilities to get the mark-out ? Alco's advice should put an end to the issue.