Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Marking bore holes

SoBoring ยท 2019-07-24 06:41

Good morning! Forgive me as I am a bit of an industry outsider. I worked a soil sampling rig for some time and a former client hit me up for some freelance work marking bore holes. The thing is I have no idea what to charge him! For some guidelines I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Any thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-07-26 08:38

    Could you explain what "marking bore holes" entails ? I worked on a caisson rig and have run a small truck mounted drill rig but never heard of that. The hole locations I worked on were located by surveyors.

  2. #2CM19952019-07-26 21:57

    Welcome to the Forums SoBoring! From time to time we do clearing for geotechnical drill rigs. Usually the geo firms tech's mark the bore locations with a site plan and a hand held GPS. Sometimes they'll give me a handheld GPS so I can follow the flagging through the trees. Is this what you're asking about?