saw this water truck while driving around eastern Oregon today.
What, never seen a Marmon before?
nope never seen one till today. i was out driving around eastern Oregon and pulled off the let some bikes go by and there it was, so i took some pics and went on my way.
The early company, Marmon Motor Car Company, has a lineage that goes back to early 1900's. The last company to make them was Marmon Motor Company of Denton Texas. They were low production hand built trucks, basically a sort of custom truck. The last Marmon was built in 1997.
pretty sure their made in were made in texas , by hand..... ive seen a few here in the northeast ....
dam atco got it before me:Banghead
Peterbilts are built in the old Marmon factory, with a lot of retooling of course...
I think that you are wrong about that, Navistar took the plant over and is producing what I still want to call a International the plant is in Garland TX .The Peterbilt plant is in Denton,TX The last Marmon was made in 1997, and the production facilities in Garland, Texas, were taken over by Navistar’s Paystar division.
UM No. The denton Tx. plant was a green field site. When they closed down the newark plant they moved any needed tooling to their brand new denton facility.
Here is one from New Zealand. http://www.flickr.com/photos/33654046@N03/4281738417/
A few pictures here, too... lance. OCR...
They are cool pics allright.
Marmons are really nice, I'm not sure if I've ever seen one in person though.
I saw one sorta;
What truck are you driving there, is it a K-wobbler?
No KW,A Pete
Nice truck, first thing I said was whoa!! nice pete! Love it, any more pics, why dont you start a thread with your pics?
If you click on Tiny's name to go to his profile, then statistics,then find threads started, you'll find he's done that alot!
Marmons were very popular in the Midwest, especially around Chicago in the 70's and 80's. Anything else was rare to see in and about the steel mills. They were a well built and tough truck in heavy duty applications such as hauling finished steel products, coke, limestone, and sand and gravel. I suppose one could compare Marmon to today's Western Star.
There is a cabover Marmon in this area leased to UPT hauling gas see it at least once a week . Weds I saw a cabover freightliner powerliner with a Cummins KT as a power plant .
Really? huh well I think Marmons are cool, they were basically the American version of Canadians highway Pacific trucks, not the of-road loggers:canada, thats what it sounds like to me. :canada