We have a clutch problem on a massey 6480 2007 perkins engined tractor. Tractor has had a power plate (first split). Then it has had a gearbox input shaft (second split, probably weaken by the power plate faliure). The clutch now is like an on off swith (neck snappingly bad). Any ideas?
I would think one or more of the following. Wrong clutch plate. Its in backwards. Pressure plate needs to be replaced. Or, is the linkage bound up and letting the pressure plate release all at once ?
I have since read there is a switch on the pedal. Will try replacing/fettling this. There is also a calibration procedure I need to look into. When the clutch was first replaced it was a bit grabby but nothing like it is now. If you can see from the video the second time in a row you dip the clutch and release it is less harsh.