Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey F engine interchange

hi-ball ยท 2010-04-28 13:27

i purchaced a massey fergerson tracktor a year ago. the motor was tired when i got it, i limped it along for a while untill i finnaly lost oil pressure. Drained the oil and filter looked pretty good untill i stuck my finger in the oil pan and found big metal chunks. I was wondering if anybody know what other equipment uses this engine, heres all my tractor info massey fererson 2200 frame number model 200, serial 7000 dash plate serial number 9A46472 enigne tag massey fergeson manufactued in usa by continetal motors corp Z134 757022 thanks shane

Replies6
  1. #1hi-ball2010-04-28 13:51

    heres some pics

  2. #2Mikefromcny2010-04-29 02:50

    Your tractor looks strikingly simaler...lol. Pretty sure its a common engine, 135 may use the same one. Yesterdays tractors sells engine kits for them. When mine gets tired, engines getting a kit and gonna keep running it. Possibly my favorite tractor, excellent dealer support here. Any questions just ask.

  3. #3hi-ball2010-04-30 21:36

    thanks for the reply Mike I removed the oil pan & found 10 little pieces of broken metal about 1 cm. sq. they appear to have come from above the oil pump because I can see where a few of them went through the gears, any idea where these came from ? do you remember what a kit costs ? Yes that is a nice tractor you have did it come with the rear counterweights? Thanks, Shane.

  4. #4Phil2010-05-01 06:13

    I had a ** hoe like that once that I rebuilt the engine on. Had to pull the wheels off to do the brakes. Those counterweights are nasty and once removed those wheels will want to fall outwards. I think you are best to find a rebuild-able engine(core) or a running engine, due to the internal damage. Either way it's going to cost you. A kit is likely $1500 or more and I'm not sure about that engine but it may have the cylinders bored(machine shop costs). I would look for a running engine and buy it privately, take your time. Post a good picture of the engine with your want ad. As I recall they are a sweet running machine of very good quality and the ** dealers are always anxious to help. Phil

  5. #5hi-ball2010-05-01 12:28

    i took the oil pan off and found these in the bottom. there are 10 of them, any idea as to what they are?

  6. #6Mikefromcny2010-05-01 20:56

    Hi-ball, Not sure what those are. http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/store/search_parts.cgi?SearchArea=**&SearchString=overhaul%20kit $485 Tisco engine kit, complete, oversized pistons and sleeves. Engine has removable wet sleeves. Mine will be getting this kit eventually, has decent power, but really struggles in 6th gear. Counterweights came with the tractor, and brakes work good, so never went in there. Is it a good diggin hoe on the back of your Massey? I have a bigger Ford hoe, but found a bolt on massey unit on one of their workbull 202's. How good do the vertical stabilizers and swing work? Playing with the idea of buying just the hoe, just to have a backup. -Mike