Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Massey furguson 30E

tap450 ยท 2023-07-31 18:18

HELP !! Where and how do I add trans fluid and what kind of fluid. Does the trans fluid also control the steering. Unit day for a few years and I assume it drained out. Ran fine before parked

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2023-07-31 22:39

    Steering is probably a reservoir on the side of the front of the engine, like a round canister with a 3/4" hex plug out the top at a slight angle. The transmission might be separate from the reverser and torque converter. I assume the torque converter and reverser are not working, because it would work fine with no oil in the trans, until you lost a bearing or something. Is there a larger hex plug about 1/3 of the way up the right side of the trans right behind the bellhousing? fill that to the top of the threads with whatever oil is in there, either clear universal trans hydraulic fluid, or red ATF. The gear trans has a dipstick and is filled from the bigger yet hex on top by the shifters. These guesses are based on similar MFs, so I may be wrong.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-08-01 07:54

    Welcome to HEF, Tap450 ! This thread may help you a little. Link To It