I was just wondering if anyone might have some experience on the Maxxforce 13 engine. We recently got one and are finding that even at 475 HP, it seems to be lacking a little on the low end torque. The gear ratio is 4.30 which is similar to most of the other trucks we run but if we don't start in LOW when loaded (they are gravel trucks w/ trailers), they barely get going. On paper it appears like it should have the get up and go but I was just wondering what others have experienced? Once they are going they are ok, but it's the starting out that could be better.
I have 11 trucks with Maxxforce13. I called them ****force. On 11 trucks last 9 of 11 were out of service for more than 2 weeks because they can not find the problem. They tried to say it was a maintenance problem but even them cant the problem. Motor are not pulling at all even bob tail it takes me patience to bring the truck to the garage. I will never buy another MAxxforce13 never never never. This week I will send them a lawyer letter because I want to bring back those trucks to Navistar.