I was finishing up working on my final drive with the leaking motor seal today. I needed to flush out any chips in the planetary with diesel for a few rounds and then put in heavy gear oil after the flush. Once again, I found myself using the pressure pot for another job. This thing is becoming very handy around the shop. For $90, I purchased this 2.5 gallon pressure pot paint sprayer system, mainly for the needs of silicone molds (vacuum chamber) and plastic casting (pressure chamber) that was in another thread that I posted. I figured when I got around to doing some touch up painting, it would really be a time saver as well. I had to add some hose and extra fittings to make it multipurpose for my needs but it works great, all for under $100. As you can see in the pic above, I have a #10 can full of OR diesel getting ready to be installed into the final for flushing purposes. Using a separate container keeps the interior pot cleaner so I have less worry about clean up. I've used this for liquid transfer of thick tire sealant fluids, thin and thick petro fluids and water based cleaners. I can also use it as a catch container with the vacuum pump. I'm finding it to be very versatile around the shop, especially installing the very difficult to pump/transfer tire sealant fluid that I use. I still have to pump about 5 gallons of that stuff into four 600/50-22.5 tires that I was dreading but now with the PP, it will be a breeze. Another idea that I came up with today was to catch any steel chips coming out of the flushed diesel. I placed a couple of neodymium magnets opposite each other on a clear juice jug that was used as a catch container. When I emptied the container, I was sure to pour over the magnets to catch chips for inspection. Worked like a charm and I had very few chips. Neodymium magnets are another one of my versatile helpers around the shop and service truck. If you have not tried these, you will be amazed at how strong that they are for their size. I usually purchase the ones with the beveled hole so that I can screw them down onto a surface or a dowel if needed. 50 of the 1/2"x1/8" disks for under $20 and 10 of the really strong 1.25" disks for under $20. These make working one handed faster and easier if I'm trying to hold something in position with my other hand.
I bought a box of 100 on ebay years ago, about 1/2" diameter, like these ---> https://www.amazon.com/DIYMAG-Refri...words=neodymium+magnets&qid=1638767921&sr=8-5 If you JBWeld them to something they'll stick just about anywhere. My bench brushes hang on my machines so there's always one handy. Those little buggers will pinch you if you get between them. Joe H