Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

McLaren Hybrids

CATcountry ยท 2010-04-23 06:19

Is anybody running the McLaren Hybrid tracks? Bought the 305 used and am looking in to future upgrades and like steel tracks looks like a good way to go. Was looking for feedback and opinions. probably be running as true steel most of the time. I think to just go to the CAT steel option I need to change parts, im looking in to it. Frank:drinkup

Replies4
  1. #1littlejoe42010-04-27 09:11

    actually just spoke with mclaren rep, to use the hybrids you don't need to change any part of system, then you can run steel or with the rubber pads on, according to him most machines to switch to steel you need to change parts, not with the hybrid. seems like a great idea, I think i'm going with them when I need to replace my tracks, other benifit is you only need to change the pads, not the whole track when the rubber wears down, saves some money, however it is more upfront cost to the hybrid.

  2. #2Jim Dandy2010-04-28 20:51

    I have about 100 hours on a set of Mclaren Hybrids for my Yanmar 35. So far so good. I installed new idlers and sprokets when I put the Hybrids on and the shoulders of the idlers did not touch the track chain but it does not seem to matter. When it was real cold I lost a rubber pad. I don't know if it was frozen to the ground or what. At first the salesman was pushy and wanted to know when I was going to place the order and that was the first phone call. After we got past that I found them and the salesman to be very responsive. Soon after I got the tracks I cleaned up a burnt down house and was very glad I wasn't running brand new rubber tracks. Also I am not throwing tracks like I was with the rubber although that could be some other factor. My experience with the tracks and the company has been very good.

  3. #3HillBoy2010-05-02 03:53

    Thank you Jim Dandy for the information. I'm also interested in getting McLaren Hybrid tracks. If someone else also has them, please share your experience. We have a good experience with McLaren on their flat proof tires and rubber tracks, but have not run their Hybrid tracks yet. It'll be great if they make these for the CTLs!

  4. #4CATcountry2010-05-02 20:56

    I got a call from the mclaren rep the other day, and unfortunately they dont make them for the 305CCR s any more too many issues he said. Oh well only got 1k hours on the oe rubbers yet and their still like new, maybe by the time I ko these the hybrids will be back!! Frank