Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

McLaren Industrial attachments, does anyone have any experience with them

Traut811 · 2023-11-17 12:23

Hi guys. I'm looking to purchase a grapple soon for my 259d3 and the McLaren extreme grapple. https://www.mclarenindustries.com/us/en/attachments/extreme-duty-skid-steer-grapple/47/ They are $4500 ish for 78" and $4k for a 72". I see (extremely) similar designs from other companies selling for the exact same price. It looks stout and they seem like decent people on the other end of the phone. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this company or any of their attachments? I have seen feedback on tracks, but not much on their skidsteer grapples. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1673moto2023-11-18 12:09

    Looks like a solid grapple...doubt you'd be disappointed. I bought a set of tracks from McLaren... transaction went smooth and shipping was fast for freight. I would buy from them again

  2. #2Simon C2023-11-20 22:06

    I had a set of their tracks for a Cat 236B Skid steer , where I worked and they were fine. Might not last quite as long as Grouser tracks but worked fine. Never tried one of their grapples. I bought a Virnig from Minnesota and built very heavy. Would buy another one from them Virnig. Simon C

  3. #3Traut8112023-11-20 22:15

    Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered one today so hopefully it looks as good in person. I've never seen or heard of them around in this area, other than rubber. I will say, they look identical to express steel and one other (do not remember the brand) at the same price so assume one of them is supplying others? 72″ XHD Grapple • Express Steel Inc November 20, 2023 • 72″ XHD Grapple • American-Made Snow Pushers, Hoppers & Skid Steer Attachments • https://expresssteelinc.com/product/72-xhd-grapple/ expresssteelinc.com

  4. #4redwolf2025-04-29 07:34

    Any update? I'm also considering a grapple from McLaren .

  5. #5Jimbo2025-04-29 14:25

    I am a bit late to the party, but there is a mfr in MO named Harleman Manufacturing: they specialize in augers for skid steers and the powerline industry, but have branched into other skidsteer type attachments From my experience, the attachments they build are as good or better than any other domestic manufacturer I have no connection to this company, other than being a very satisfied client Grapples Archives - Harleman Manufacturing www.harlemanglobal.com

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-04-30 08:43

    Love the tree puller, they have. ^^^^^^