Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

McLaren tires

cat320 ยท 2005-01-01 10:44

Has any one used or purchased the NU-AIR tires from mclaren? I think that they would be a great tire but at over $2K for a set of 4 is it really worth it to get them or just buy or fill regular tires ?

Replies7
  1. #1Bob Horrell2005-01-02 11:07

    I drove a skidsteer with them and the ride was comparable to air tires. They looked really beefy and the guy that had them liked them and they wore well. He had a one man skidsteer service and did a lot of demo and was tired of changing tires and wheels between jobs (alternating between solid tires and air tires) and got too many flats when trying to use air tires for demo. I thought about it but just couldn't justify the price and I don't really do that much demo. I guess it just depends upon your business.

  2. #2cat3202005-01-02 15:26

    That is the same thing I put thru my minde could not justify the price .I do not really do demo although i like the thought of working at new homes and not getting a flat from those pain in the neck carpenters that just throw nails every where. Maybe someday but I could not get them right now .

  3. #3MrBobcat2005-01-02 17:27

    Check with your Bobcat or tire dealer. We have a sample tire in our showroom that has a "goo" ( for lack of a better word" abou 1/2" deep on the inside of the tire . It self seals itself after pucnture. Sold 2 or 3 sets or these , cheaper than foam filling and you still keep the flex of the tire. If you cant find any info let me know and ill hook ya up with them. Scott

  4. #4tadmasonry.com2005-02-27 09:44

    i just orderd a set of tires and the tracks for my skidsteer.I didn't think the price was that bad. Last year i bought a new set of tires for $450,i had them foam filled for no flats for $600 and they ride like a tank.So for a little more you get new rims.The old wheels i'll use on concrete for spares.If you ever had a flat on the job you will lose a half a day just getting it fixed.

  5. #5hmearth2014-06-12 15:51

    There tracks are no good good luck with there tyres

  6. #6KSSS2014-06-12 19:33

    I have a set. I like them when running OTT. I like them for demo and working on hard surfaces. I did not like them for regular dirt work, the wide versions would likely be better. I have them for a CASE 465 which is a big/heavy machine. The machines sinks in anything that even looks wet, tears the heck out of the ground when you turn when the tread is new. They were not a tire for all applications at least for me. I am glad I have them, but I bought a set of L-5's which I am very happy with.

  7. #7mbb2014-06-18 00:40

    I too have an oversized set for my 95xt, as well as OTT. They are a tremendous tire for the conditions I work in, and wear tremendously. I think they would outlast 3 or 4 sets of air tires. Stay away from them if you spend a lot of time on asphalt surfaces, or are worried about cosmetic damage to sod. Like all products there are trade-offs. For me the lack of tire problems when doing mountain work and the maximum traction have outweighed any other characteristics that I might want to growl about. McClaren has been a first-class outfit to deal with as well.