I have an older set of "China" arisun tracks on my 277B, they have stretched out beyond use and have ripped 20 or so lugs, so it's time to replace. I have owned them for probably a little over a year and have maybe 300 hours on them. Complete junk. So, in learning not to buy China junk, I went with McLaren tracks since it's a US company. Paid $1908 shipped for 1 track. It shows up today, missing it's pallet, a China sticker on the inside, rubber flashing around the size data plate, and it appears they ordered these tracks without serial numbers (I guess to save money) so in turn, there's a bunch of rubber flashing around the missing plate. What scares me is.... Where else did they cut corners? Does anyone else have these? The customer service guy sent me the number of another user of their tracks, same machine, so I call him and find out it's his older machine that's not used very much so of course they're in good shape. They do seem to be a harder rubber. And they do come with a 1 year warranty, but if they only last 18 months, it would have been a better deal going with OEM for $2300 each. Any of y'all use these units? If so, when did you get them? And do they have serial numbers? Just curious if maybe they switched factories.
Who did you buy them from? The track manufacturer or a dealer?
McLaren usa, I figured that was a manufacturer/dealer
There isn't many tire/tracks that come out of the USA. I am not sure that any of them are. Coming out of China isn't in of itself a sign of poor quality. I have bought McLaren airless tires. I think mine were made in Thailand or Taiwan. My Galaxy tires come out of China and they are good. I did have an issue with one of those McLaren tires. They covered it by replacing the tire, took a bit, but they did. I wouldn't get too excited at this point.
thanks for the.... reassurance lol. Ill slap it on and hope for the best. Worst case scenario ill report back with my findings. thanks again
Ive run Mclaren tracks on CTLs for years ! Great tracks and a good company to deal with.
I bought a.set for mine. Itll be interesting to see how they last n mine is stupid freaking aggressive n its the c block pattern