I'm trying to help a friend with repairs on a Yutani MD180 LC. We're going to need parts for the swing gear planetary's and maybe some other stuff. Does anyone know where to begin looking for parts for this thing? I did manage to find a shop manual on Ebay last year. It's got pretty decent illustrations, but no part numbers. Couldn't find any dealers on the internet. Anything "down under"? Does this cross directly to any of the Kobelco Models? Would a Kobelco dealer be able to source parts? Thanks, Greg
Yep, but you have to find a competent, patient Kobelco parts man. A friend had one and we were never able to get an English parts book. The one the dealer got, the descriptions were in Japanese, but it had pictures and the part numbers.
Do you know what Kobelco model the MD180 crosses to? Thanks, Greg
Cowin equipment in Atlanta or Birmingham
Thanks, Hatch. I called Cowin Equipment like you advised, they were helpful, but said Kobelco told them no parts available for the swing reduction, no part numbers, prints, anything. They said it had been obsoleted in 2005. How do I go about trying to find something in a salvage yard? Does anyone know of a Yutani MD180LC or "possibly" a Kobelco SK907DLC being dismantled? Greg
The MD180LC / K907DLC was a breed of its own. That is the issue with parts on this unit, no interchange with any other make or model. The last unit built was in 1987, which makes it even more difficult. 24100J6175F1 is the part number for the swing gearbox We can run it out on a nationwide parts locator network that we are on if you would like.
Thanks, finaldrive. The parts I need are the first reduction spider and (four) planetary gears. I've got the shop manual showing all the parts, etc. but no part numbers. I'd appreciate any help you could provide. Greg
Call our sales department, they will search it out for you. And the parts books are online: http://partstore.cnhexcavators.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::home
more thanks for your help, finaldrive. Strangely, I had found that online parts book before, but the swing reduction unit is not included in it, anywhere. I'll give your guys a call. Greg
It's always listed in the upper group section. Figure 01-010