Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

mechanic school

shadow2 ยท 2013-04-21 08:33

i was wondering what would be a good school to go to get a basic knowledge of truck and machine maintenance. i know a lot of on the job training is required but i want a good base to start with thanks for the help

Replies3
  1. #1PAcattech2013-04-21 11:03

    Hi Shadow , I would Highly recommend you take a look at The Pennsylvania College of Technology the have great programs for both Heavy equipment and truck. They have companies from all over recruit there Grads.

  2. #2eric122013-04-21 11:04

    theres a college in new hampshire i think that milton cat is assiciated with for a cat diesel mechanic course that would probably be the best in your area. there is also one in Connecticut but its more trucks i think. if you are looking to go away to college then theres tons of other ones but youd have to decide where you want to go, how much of an education you want and how much your willing to spend.

  3. #3shadow22013-04-21 11:35

    I don't care if I have to go away to school and the cost is covered by the company that I work for. I need a program that cover both truck and excervators. And small engines I know there will be more to learn after school I just need a good base to start with