Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum. I wanted some input on a problem I'm having. My company just purchased a brand new cat 430 backhoe. It's replacing a cat 430 f backhoe. The main difference between the two as far as I can tell is the cat 430 has a mechanical front joystick and a single tilt bucket meaning no parallel lift function. Not a big deal except for 90% of my job is with the front end. I basically do the job of a front end loader with the backhoe, moving large volumes of sand. I also have pallet Forks to unload pallets off trucks. Parallel lift would be nice to have for this but I can adjust. They ordered it with a clamshell front bucket or four in one bucket. The problem I'm facing is I have elbow pain and this new backhoe has a mechanical front joystick. Now with over 90% of my work done on the front end I'm worried my elbows are going to get worse. I really wish they would have ordered a backhoe with them electric over hydraulic joystick. What would you guys do? Suck it up buttercup or say something to the company? The mechanical joystick is going to greatly affect operator fatigue is pretty much twice as hard to move as the soft and supple electric over hydraulic joystick was. Any thoughts on this? Any thoughts on using a foreign bucket with a mechanical front joystick? I find it hard to make fine articulated movements with the mechanical joystick, it requires so much force and effort to move just a little bit compared to the electric over hydraulic joystick.
You better get the serial number. The guys will want to look up how it was equipped.