Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mendenhall River Bridge Const

Former Wrench ยท 2015-05-04 18:24

These photos were taken last fall after an ice dam gave loose on the glacier. New bridges are being built and the structure is the temp work platform. They had to get the clamshell to save the pilings that were taking a beating. (Juneau AK)

Replies4
  1. #1td25c2015-05-04 21:04

    Great photos & nice save on the causeway ! That would sure be a challenge alone, then add the melting ice dam on the glacier & trees .:Banghead

  2. #2Tugger2015-05-09 13:17

    Looks like an interesting job and some good pictures.Nothing like those quick clam jobs where you have to leave the block on.

  3. #3cecil892015-05-09 19:30

    Howdy howdy looks like a the king 4100 series two, great machine. nothing against you but the two colors I have a saying," looks like the circus is in town!" nothing against you just the color scheme. have seen it before on older machines. post more pics this site needs more posters! I have done the clam shell thing in the pictures it blows the big one! Boss-it will be this one time, me ok. Every day after that just hook it up it will only be 12 days or so then we can take the clam shell off. I hate bosses

  4. #4old-iron-habit2015-05-09 20:41

    Good eye Tugger. I had not noticed the block when I first glanced thru them. We clammed in slow motion a few times also. Last bridge job I was on was 1983 so it has been awhile.