Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Menzi Muck 5000T2 Questions

gratefuldog ยท 2015-12-16 21:25

Howdy folks- I find myself in the position of being the (proud?) new operator of a 1985 Menzi Muck 5000T2. I'm the caretaker and manager at a ranch in the Southern California mountains, and the owner decided that we needed this machine. Anyway, I got it off the semi trailer without incident, and clawed it back up to the shop fairly easily. What I don't know is: How do I extend the wheel arms? How do I spread the forward legs? There is a right foot pedal that's linked to some Q/D's on the boom, so that's not the answer. There are also a couple electrical switches in the cab that don't seem to do anything... If I knew how this machine -in it's original trim- was supposed to work, that would, I think, be helpful. Thanks in advance to all y'all experienced guys! Pete

Replies2
  1. #1woorarra2016-01-05 01:03

    Hi mate, Would be worth emailing Menzi Muck themselves in Switzerland. Andy Spirig is the service manager there and would be able to help you out, his English is excellent if you prefer a phone call. His email is [email protected] They also have quite a few spare parts for the older machines as well. Kind regards Chris

  2. #2Dr. Ernie2016-03-02 19:20

    I would have you call Menzi USA for help they are in Lakeland Florida, they are around from 8-4 monday through friday 1-863-603-7979 great people to work with.