Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Menzi Muck Spider Excavator

Addison · 2020-02-05 16:05

The M545x Menzi Muck is a Beast. https://www.menzimuck.com/en/product-groups/menzi-muck-walking-excavators/ Deutz 4-cylinder turbodiesel engine Output as per ISO 3046: 115kW(156HP) at 2000rpm Hydraulic system Sozial Load Sensing by Rexroth Swivelling speed up to 10 rpm Lifting Force @ 3.0M boom length: 9800kg Lifting Force @ 4.5M boom length: 6400kg Lifting Force @ 6.0M boom length: 4300kg •Weight: > 13500 kg

Replies7
  1. #1treemuncher2020-03-10 10:07

    Tried loading mine for the first time, yesterday. Time to get some oak boards as I broke a few pine boards over the tandems due to the higher ground pressure than the normal tracks that I load out . Still working on M&R and waiting on a cutterhead before I can put it to work. According to the dealership, I might have the only 4x4 sensor+ model in the states. They told me no one wanted the extra electronics here. Fully outfitted unit with almost every available factory option.

  2. #2AllDodge2020-03-10 10:19

    Neat looking things

  3. #3Hank R2020-03-10 13:16

    Should be interesting first few times in rough ground.

  4. #4callingtheshop2020-03-11 03:37
  5. #5callingtheshop2020-03-12 23:16

    There's a whole bunch of these with a whole bunch of attachments, click on their name and it comes up. Pretty damn awesome and they're all new, Any ideas on the actual longevity of this iron?

  6. #6treemuncher2020-03-12 23:50

    Mine, used, has 7,200 hrs on it. The majority of the pins and bushings are as tight, or nearly tight, as new. I would not expect it to be that good if it did not have the auto-lube system on it with a high quality grease. The engine, JD4045 turbo, has evidence of a fresh rebuild within the past 100 hrs or so. Hydraulics feel strong but really won't know until I get my cutter head to really test everything out. I am not financially significant enough to spend over $500k on new equipment just for an experimental tangent to my business so used fits my budget well. I've seen many of these machines for sale with well over 10k hours so I'm thinking it should last quite a few more hours.

  7. #7Tones2020-03-13 07:57

    A mate of mine's Menzi Muck in Australia https://www.spidercontracting.com.au/services