Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mercedes 1922 /45 …trying to find engine specs

joispoi ยท 2013-08-04 07:08

Hi all. I'm trying to find information on the v6 diesel engine that would be in a 1990 (1991?) Mercedes Benz 1922 truck. It's a 220 hp N.A. motor. The dealer told me that it's a 16 liter engine but I think he's mistaken. I've tried google and there just isn't much information on this model. Can anyone confirm or deny the 16 liter displacement spec?

Replies4
  1. #1MitchSA2013-08-04 07:53

    Have you got the engine code? Eg: OM 422 etc. I'll have a look if you can get the code. Ok, bit of googling. It should have a OM441 A, if it is this motor then its a 11L. Hope that helps, I might have some torque settings etc in my toolbox if you need them. Many years since I worked on these.

  2. #2joispoi2013-08-04 09:11

    Thanks Mitch. I'll double check the engine code when I pick the truck up, hopefully later in the week. The model on the chassis tag is listed as 1922 /45. I entered the chassis number into WIS, and it showed two engine options: 421.905 and 481.902 (WIS also shows the truck as a 1922 K) 19 it the tonnage, 22 is for 220 hp, I haven't figured out the significance of "K". I haven't found a reference that tells me which OM number corresponds with the listings in WIS. I appreciate the offer on the torque settings. I may have some questions for you at some point. Aside from a little oil around the valve covers, the truck is pretty clean- not counting the condition of the cab . I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to bother you too much for information.

  3. #3joispoi2013-09-05 14:38

    Here's the latest addition to my collection of things that have monthly payments.

  4. #4werkhorse2013-09-05 18:40

    I believe the K stands for tipper spec