Anyone deal with one of these? I have 4 of them to take care of and I'm lost on one . derates once a day ..shut it off then start it back to get done .
Show a dash code of 155-7 . in the book it lists 3 possible problems Replaced the smart remote and no joy
Wow, Tiny I want to help, but that code may as well be LOTTO numbers. Detroit (Who Owns MB) doesn't even have a 155. When you say derates, I'm taking it this this has aftertreatment? Also FCV didn't translate to anything in the manual either. Do you get Yellow Check Engine and Red Stop Engine?
Check engine light only. Has regen bit no def
Maybe Fuel Control Valve??? Don't know, just guessing.
Just curious, What brand and model of truck are these in? That may help some.
2009 thomas school bus school . Freightliner chassis
I found this, kind of an expensive first step. I would pull the fuel doser injector out of the pipe behind the turbo and see if the bore is plugged with carbon. You can disconnect the fuel line and thread injector out, kinda looks like a glow plug, then poke something long and poky in there and check for carbon. Or unbolt the two mounting bolts and the heat shield and leave the cooling lines connected, this gets you a better inspection, but disturbs the gasket. I've found these totally plugged before, causing incomplete regens
This actually makes more sense than all the calls I have made to 3 different dealerships. Will try that 1st thing tomorrow.