Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MF400C (or Hanomag 400C) crawler loader.

Tony Pennell · 2026-03-25 07:32

I have just bought - for scrap money - a ** (Hanomag) 400C track loader. It needs love and attention and a few minor parts but is otherwise in good condition and worth mending! This is the UK/Euromean version and appears different from the US machine (see especially the sprocket fiitting with lock nut, not a ring of bolts). Perkins 6.354 diesel, full cab with power (foot pedal) steering, 3-speed shuttle gearbox with hydraulic reverse, etc. See photos (of a similar Hanomag machine). I've managed to find a parts book and a 'training manual' giving useful data on the transmission adjustment, but cannot find an operator's manual giving basic user/maintenance instructions. Does anyone know this machine or have a user manual that they could copy/send to me? . Does anyone have access to one that they could copy or send me?

Replies8
  1. #1hseII2026-03-25 17:40

    Have you checked EBay? I’ve a friend in Tennessee that has one but the book will come with a parts tractor, & the freight would be burdensome.

  2. #2Welder Dave2026-03-25 18:04

    Try the Agco website. They have a big list of manuals available that includes construction equipment. Not a bad looking loader.

  3. #3Tony Pennell2026-03-25 18:30

    Thanks hseII. I have searched Ebay and on google. I have a parts book already (also from USA at crazy carriage cost!) but only now need a user manual. Please see what your friend in Tennesee could offer - a decent scanned e-copy would be good, and cheaper! Cheers.

  4. #4Tony Pennell2026-03-25 18:46

    Thanks Welder Dave. I have searched the Agco website. They don't list any tracked tractor data, but I have emailed them to check. Will post any replies. By the way, the photos were not of my MF400C loader - just ones online of a Hanomag equivalent that was auctioned a while ago. Mine is not nearly as tidy! I think the ** version was merely a Hanomag re-badged.

  5. #5Welder Dave2026-03-26 04:39

    I have a book on Massey industrial equipment and think you are right the 400C is a rebadged Hanomag however Massey owned Hanomag. Found some manuals you could purchase. The first link looks promising. Jensales manuals seem to be hit and miss but the service manual shows a Massey part number. There are operator manuals for Hanomag D400C dozer online as well. Massey Ferguson | 400C Service Repair Workshop Manuals Our 400C Massey Ferguson Crawler Loaders workshop manuals contain in-depth maintenance, service and repair information. Get your eManual now! www.emanuals.com https://www.jensales.com/content/ppp/massey-ferguson-d400c-crawler-service-manual.pdf

  6. #6hseII2026-03-26 09:30

    This will absolutely be the best choice. Good Find!!

  7. #7hector gemme2026-03-26 09:54

    This tractor picture is like a 3366 MASSÉ TRACTOR

  8. #8Welder Dave2026-03-26 18:36

    A 400C is much newer than a 3366. They were made in the late 70's. It only shows a parts manual but the Jensales link shows a service manual.