Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MF50b front wheels spinning on spider hubs

aussie50b ยท 2014-01-03 22:26

Hi All, For the second time now I have torn a valve out of a tube on my backhoe. The front wheels are spinning on the spider hubs for some reason. Anyone experienced this? Last time I fitted the wheel I rattled them up with my rattle gun, used the machine for about 1 hour then re rattled them up again. Can the rim clamps wear? are they a universal type or are they machine specific? Im wondering if I can go to a truck place to buy them or if I have to chase them up from a machinery parts supplier cheers Scott

Replies2
  1. #1Sportsman7622014-01-08 18:53

    Can you provide a photo? I have not seen a 50B with separate disc/rim.

  2. #2Delmer2014-01-08 20:15

    I had a different ** do that. The clamps just got flattened and wouldn't hold the rim tight. I don't know if any 50's came with those heavy cast rims in the US. I went to the dealer and the guy laughed but then took me out and pulled a few off a junk steering axle off a forklift for free. Mine were rusted away, but I think I hammered some bend back into some others and reinforced them with some welding and they worked fine. On mine the rim squished the valve stem so I drilled it out and soldered another good stem into the remains of the old one, it's still holding.