Hello guys. I'm considering buying a Michigan 125C, but it needs a new torque converter. I'm wondering about how much will it cost to replace the torque converter for the drive. New part cost? Used part cost? Labour cost? Thanks, Sultan
It could also be a problem similar to this: Slow movin Michigan Loader Still, if its the TC, what'll be the cost? If its a leaky hydraulic pump (as in the linked thread), whats the cost to replace the pump seals? I'll try to figure out the problem and see how bad it is when I go to see it.
What test was done to determine that the TC is bad? Overheating? Converter drain back Max 2 GPM at 2000 RPM. Converter safety bypass could be bad and dumping oil into the case and back to the transmission. Check converter internal pressure, max 140 PSI. Could be charge pump bad. A fair amount of work to do before dumping a lot of money into a new converter.
Thanks for the advice oldseabee. I haven't had a chance to see the machine myself yet, and I don't know why the seller says the TC is bad. It could be a ton of [cheaper] problems other than the TC itself.
If it won't move at all but pressures seem OK, could be the fiber ring gear bolted to the flywheel that drives the converter. They have been known to strip. I worked for Clark for 24 years, 7 of them in St. Thomas.
Sorry, I wasn't thinking. If the ring gear was stripped, you would have no pressure because the pumps wouldn't be turning.
:tong Yeah, that makes more sense. From what I hear, the machine moves but is weak, but I'll have to examine it myself. I'm going to look at it next weekend.
Hello everyone, I can not post a new thread yet so I appologise if I ask this question in the wrong place. I am wondering if anyone knows what is the smallest size wheel loader that can lift 10000 lbs with forks. I need to be able to lift empty 40 foot shipping containers. I do have a forklift, but do not lift them enough to have it just for the containers. A wheel loader would be much more useful to me. ANy suggestions. Thanks Bryon [email protected]
re: deer3245 Something the likes of a 180hp CAT 938 should lift the weight, but a 200hp 950 size machine would be more stable, safer, and would place less stress on the machine. P.S. deer3245, you can start a new thread once you have 3 posts. You already have 6. P.S. #2 HP has nothing to do with lifting capacity and tipping weight. I just gave HP numbers to give a ballpark figure to look for in other makes for finding machines of comparable size.
I've never seen anything less than a 988 with forks for handling containers. A 980 would probably lift the weight well enough but would the forks be large enough to keep the container from trying to tip off the forks while you are moving?
If the containers are empty, they weigh just 4 tons, and a 950 would suffice. You'll need to get long forks though. If you're moving loaded containers, then a 988 is needed.
About the 125C converter, since you are in Canada I can tell you about some guys that can provide you with new parts close to you. Depending on the parts you need I may also be able to offer good used parts but we have to know which converter it uses. But first of all you have to realize what the damage is.... If you need any techical info do not hesitate to ask, but as I see oldseabee is also well informed...
I already bought another [much better] machine. Thanks anyways