Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 175a motor info

bigal700 ยท 2019-02-23 18:24

I just bought a Michigan 175a with a cummins motor im wondering what the motor is couldn't find a tag anywhere

Replies13
  1. #1cuttin edge2019-02-23 19:14

    Could it be a re power? I thought they all had Detroit engines.

  2. #2bigal7002019-02-23 19:15

    From what the guy told me its original its weird how the injectors are in the head

  3. #3cuttin edge2019-02-23 19:22

    Is it a 6 or an 8 cylinder?

  4. #4bigal7002019-02-23 19:25

    Inline 6

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-02-23 19:32

    Got any pics?

  6. #6cuttin edge2019-02-23 19:34

    If it was an 8, I was thinking 555 but not sure about the 6, they had a lot of models. I'm sure someone on here will know.

  7. #7bigal7002019-02-23 19:34

    Not now sorry i bought it but to big for me to haul need semi to haul it

  8. #8bigal7002019-02-23 19:35

    From what i read there was 3 cummins and 2 Detroit motor options but don't say sizes

  9. #9funwithfuel2019-02-23 19:41

    The one I pulled up on Ritchie bros website shows an NT855 . Don't know how you would see the injectors though.

  10. #10bigal7002019-02-23 19:42

    Ok yea the fuel lines were side by side and there was like a spring behind them it was weird hopefully ill be getting it next weekend then i can post pics

  11. #11funwithfuel2019-02-23 19:47

    With either Cummins mentioned, those are big engines. This a quarry machine?

  12. #12GregsHD2019-02-23 20:02

    I believe the 175a models came with either a C180 or JT-6 for Cummins power, were talking mid 60s? Could have had anything swapped into it though.

  13. #13bigal7002019-02-23 20:15

    GregsHD you are right that's what it is i found pictures of it thanks