Hi, is this a 175B? It has a a Detroit in it if that helps. I think it's a B but I'm not sure.
Sorry, wrong photo. I'l try again.
umm it looks as though it has clark diffs, but everything else is wrong when compared to what comes up on google images for clark michigan 175b. it does look a little like a furikawa unit i ran for a couple of weeks a long long time ago
Looks like a 175 to me. Boom looks a bit different from the ones I've seen, but not sure if that's a difference between the 175 "a" and "b" models or not.
Isn't the square cab indicative of a "C"?
The cab on this one means nothing at all.....it is obviously home made. I saw some 125B with "small" boom like this one. If it is a V6 Detroit, it is a 125; if the Detroit engine is a V8, it is a 175. nice machine though. Max.
I'm no expert, never owned one of these but I have seen a few around. Please correct me if I am wrong. 175 The original straight frame design, with behind the cab boom arms that came down alongside the operator, if he stuck his arm out they could hurt you. 175a A more modern looking straight frame machine with boom arms that are hinged ahead of the cab. 175b An articulated frame design, early rops had long back braces going down to the frame near the rear. 175c Modern design, got the rops inside the cab, cab still has a square, box like structure, vertical windshield. In my opinion, the op's picture looks like a 175b to me.
Check the Serial numbers. Starting with 427A through 427D are 175B Detroit engine. 438C through 438D Cummins. 491A and after are 175C Detroit engine 490A and after are Cummins. S/N is stamped on both frames and in the hinge area.
The machine in the picture is either a Michigan 125IIIA or 175IIIA as both models are identical but featured different internal parts.
I'm pretty sure that is a 175IIIA
Check the pictures. Michigan 175III Michigan 175IIIA Michigan 175B
Would you, by any chance , have the same information regarding the 275B and C's??Wich serial numbers had the Cummins and wich ones(if any.....) had the Detroit.... Thanks. Max.
Clark 275B The Clark 275B parts' manual has the followings written on it: N0. 3070 Model 275B Articulated Tractor Shovel Information contained herein pertains to Machine Serial Numbers listed below: 275B Cummins - 425C101 and After 275B Cummins - 425C101ENC and After 275B Cummins - 425C101FSC and After I hope that helps.
'Sounds good, thanks a lot, Rolitto. Max.
The 275B had Cummins NT 855 c 360 or NT 855 C S/Ns 425 A,B 425C A and after had NT855 C 380. 479A101 and after Change to Cummins KT 1150. 482A101 and after had GM 8V92. I suspect that by now a lot have been repowered. S/N 425B 101 and after had a C8502-17 convertor previous to that had C8602-20 482A 101 and after had C8602-47 convertor. If you are going to build a convertor, be sure to get the right parts manual
The 275B has the NTA-855-C engine, and the 175B has either the 8V-71-N or NT-855-C.
its not a B model it looks like a 175 with a rops and cab option to me. the B model has the z bars inside of the double plate boom arms. as you see in the pics rolitto posted.