Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 55A fuel pump

kent_323is ยท 2013-12-02 22:39

Hey guys, I've been working through some fuel pump items on my old Michigan 55A. I've got a temporary solution, that might be my permanent solution (electric fuel pump), but maybe someone can help with a rebuild kit for the original mechanical fuel pump. I've got it detailed more here: http://kustomsbykent.com/heavy-equipment/payloader-updates-november-2013/ Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kent

Replies2
  1. #1wrangler2013-12-05 17:39

    I noticed that ebay has some AC fuel pump kits for sale.That Continental F244 engines was used in a lot of applications.I think the electric pump is a good option.Some people wire it in series with the oil pressure switch so it never runs with the motor off .Less problems if you have a bad needle and seat in the carb.

  2. #2kent_323is2014-03-11 11:21

    I got the original fuel pump rebuilt.... More info and pics here: http://kustomsbykent.com/heavy-equipment/payloader-updates-november-2013/