Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan 55b center pins

Joetomass ยท 2012-10-09 22:17

Bought my loader last winter for a snow machine, well never got to use it last year but when I first got it it was tight then after moving it around the yard It started bagging when turning or moving. I found the bushing feel out of the bottom of the upper pin??? Well now winters around the corner I have to get it fixed I really don't want to have to pull it apart completely but need it goo for pushing snow. I started pulling it apart and one the upper pin the bottom bushing fell out and the top is alittle sloppy not real bad. The center bushing seems to be a pivoting bushing but doesn't seem to be bad. On the lower pin it looks like it has been replaced recently but doesn't look right, it looks like the top and bottom bushings are lose but the center is bolted in and the bolts are hitting the top of the ear. I know it's hard to understand unless your looking at it. Looking for any help with this would be great. Has anyone done one or work on these before Thanks joe

Replies2
  1. #1Bob/Ont2012-10-10 23:00

    Joe, someone has cobbled up the hitch to sell to you. Likely shoved in some bushings and welded in place. That's about how long that would last. You have a big job to do it right and the only way to make it stay together will likely need some welding up and lineboring. You best get a mechanic to look at it that knows your machine, all the center hitches I have done are on Cat loaders but bushings have to have proper fitting bores in any machine. Later Bob

  2. #2BAD5oh2012-10-11 19:37

    Do it right the first time. We just did them last year on our Dresser. The only thing we hired out was a guy to line bore it.