i dropped the oil out of my loader--took out the screen-- and discovered----oil looked to be only hydraulic oil, no atf at all- and enough metal shavings to warrant some conserns. i cleaned out the screen-tried sticking a magnet in the sump, but got nothing--i'll say that there was about a nickels worth of shavings in the pan i dropped the oil in--that would be a nickel all ground up question is--should i put hydrauic oil back in or atf and if the machine was yours would you drop the trans and open it up for inspection/repair? pics are just what was in the screen--pic of shavings in pan did not turn out thanks for any in-put
Oil in Clark Transmissions is determined by ambient temperature. -30 F and above Dexron (not Dexron II). -10 F and above 10W engine oil API Class SD or SE or Mil spec 2104B or C.or type C2 hydraulic trasmission oil. 30 F and above 30W engine oil same specs. That machine was built in Canada so the initial fill was Dexron.
I have a older 55b and just changed trans fluid my book called for Mobil tractor oil witch looks like hydro fluid if u google Mobil tractor fluid
I had one of those old girls (75B) but cant remember for sure but I have a feeling it had a large paper cartridge filter also. Maybe Im thinking of the Hough 65C which I know has a separate paper element as well as the 2 gauzes in the bottom of the Trans. I'd check for the filter and if it has one, split it open and check for metal filings also. Im guessing that it will be inline and a BIG one. I know the Hough's one seems to be under really high pressure cause its forever leaking or at least weeping. I have cleaned it and changed & oiled it o-ring but still it does its own weeping thing. Sorry Im so vague about it but I really cant remember it to be of much use here. I know that like the Hough's, I used 10W in its box and hyd' but then, we don't get anywhere near as cold as you fellas up in the North Pole region. i.e. Canada. Happy New Year to thee, she & them.