Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan crane with Two cylinder engine

truklodyte ยท 2010-01-19 17:47

When I saw it I had to mention it here. I will get pictures of it .But wow this little machine was about the late 30's with a small two cylinder engine its in rough shape But I will make a point to get them this week.But if anyone has good pictures of what its suppose to look like please post so I will have something to compare it with.Its a crawler crane with a lattice boom of maybe 40 ft.

Replies21
  1. #1truklodyte2010-01-22 16:46

    Michigan crane pictures Here are some of the pictures I promised. This little machine appears to have a small 2 cylinder GM diesel in it year of machine is unknown.

  2. #2alleyoop2010-01-22 23:48

    That engine would be a 2 71 gm good little engines.

  3. #3clueless2010-01-23 22:18

    Only listing I have (in 2000+ oil filter catalogs) verifies the DD 2-71 for the C16, but gives no years of prod. A 1965 clutch catalog shows the DD 2-71 also used in some 1948-50 T2, T4 and T6K models, but I can't say if that's the approx dates for the C16.

  4. #4truklodyte2010-01-24 11:12

    I went looking online and I found a c-16 in the UK group owner is in Austraila ,diggers and dumpers if anyone in here is a member of the UK group any help would be great to ID the actual year.

  5. #5TSK4152010-01-25 17:19

    http://www.hcea.net/ They had one that looked alot like the one you have it was a T6D it was a truck mounted, I have some pictures of it some where. Are the cranes yours?

  6. #6truklodyte2010-01-26 17:43

    No I was actually looking for firetruck parts when I stumbled accross these baby size cranes.

  7. #7TSK4152010-01-29 21:25

    I thought I had better Pictures HCEA ask for Tom Berry he might be able to help you out

  8. #8truklodyte2010-01-30 00:39

    those are nice .

  9. #91310monster2010-02-03 00:54

    Update us TRUK...have you bought it?

  10. #10truklodyte2010-02-03 17:45

    No actually I was searching for firetruck parts and stumbled upon it. Thought it would make a good piece to show in here . The owner is either going to restore it or sell it. It is located in Southport Florida. As for the yellow one that another posted I wouldn't mind that one for a project.

  11. #11Linkbelt HC2010-02-14 22:08

    Pictures Thanks for the pictures! I think the "truck mount" crane would be fantastic to bring onto a job site one morning just to see some "pushes" faces.

  12. #12NZLOGGER2010-02-15 13:31

    Michigan crane This must have been a good smaller machine in its day.

  13. #13truklodyte2010-02-20 07:50

    The guy had it on a barge setting pilings until the barge rotted out from under it. A month back .So it was working up until it was taken off the barge,it runs and operates.The drive is rusted out.

  14. #141310monster2010-02-20 13:53

    Next time you see him, ask him what he'd take for it. It might make a parts machine for another one like it. However, I've never seen another one like that. Without a lot of stuff, that one would be hard to put back into presentable shape. I like it because of the engine.

  15. #15brucemar2011-03-23 12:44

    Another Michigan Crane that might interest you. I was on the internet searching for information about a michigan crane that we have in our yard. My dad hasn't used it in years and I was going to list it for sale. The engine was running when he parked it and he is available on the telephone if you wish to contact him directly. After seeing that you guys restore old units like the one we have, I thought I would give you first dibs. I have never joined a forum before and I am not sure how to post the photos. It is -12 degrees celcius outside today, but, if you need a photo of a specific area of this crane I will happily get it for you if it means that we might find this baby a new home.

  16. #16brucemar2011-03-23 15:23

    I am pretty sure I have the photos of what this unit is supposed to look like. I can't post photos yet because I am not a junior member yet. I did use one for my Avitar though. Contact me at [email protected] if you want the photos before then.

  17. #17Burner2014-08-01 10:24

    Truklodyte hi I'm burner from Chicago I'm interested in Michigan c16 I found one and interested the one you found If you can tell me where it's located I'd like talk to owner to see if its for sale Thank You Bill Bonnetts

  18. #18truklodyte2014-08-01 18:25

    I havent seen it in a while ,it was in South port Fl off McKenzie rd.You can earth google it. Thats All I know about it.

  19. #19captain kirk2015-06-28 14:22

    im trying to get hold of you to see if you still have the extra wisconson su engine. they wont let me send a message for some reason. i am searching for a starter for my torpedo can you help. [email protected]

  20. #20PROCTUS2015-06-28 17:19

    kirk i have a wisconson v4partsbroken camshaft from bobcat [email protected]

  21. #21captain kirk2015-06-28 18:11

    mine is a 4cyl like the one in the brockway fire truck. you mentioned that someone in tampa had 2 extra engines , are they still around. i might buy the whole thing just to get the starter