Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Michigan L190 stockpiles snow

Cat 328d lcr ยท 2010-02-28 08:28

Caught this inaction yesterday Video: YouTube - Michigan L190 wheel loader stockpiling snow

Replies11
  1. #1Truckin4life2010-03-01 12:41

    Im curious why he keeps his bucket lifted while backing....?

  2. #2swampdog2010-03-01 13:02

    You've got winter! Wish we would get more snow before spring.

  3. #3dayexco2010-03-01 14:06

    looks to me as tho he hasn't had that much seat time?

  4. #4stuart olson2010-03-01 18:36

    its becaus hes like me get paid 14 bucks an houer to get her done. only requirement is show up whenever they need us dont complain and dont hit any cars.

  5. #5diggn4alivn2010-03-02 23:44

    Yeah, you sure can tell that he's a fairly inexperienced operator.

  6. #6BillyP2010-03-03 00:44

    He's not doing so bad. Hey, he didn't mash any of those cars passing buy. I wished I had some video of my first few times, I'm betting it would make this guy look like an old pro. Even after all these years I still suck some days :laugh

  7. #7diggn4alivn2010-03-03 00:47

    Tough to say until you know how many hours he does indeed have. However, he does keep his bucket lifted while reversing and spins tires like a mofo. We all start off green and we all have our bad days aswell!!

  8. #8BillyP2010-03-03 01:14

    I noticed and the wheel slip too. He'll get the hang of it if he has a good teacher or wants to learn. Some guys never learn. I worked with one guy for over 12 years and the day he retired he wasn't any better than the day he started. Pushing snow on asphalt, thats something I've never done. We don't get that kind of snow around here.

  9. #9stuart olson2010-03-03 21:13

    when you got snow like that the ice is usualy so bad that you can hardly move yourself let alone push anything ive slid a michigan L70 about 40 feet under those conditions (whoops)

  10. #10diggn4alivn2010-03-04 00:04

    I know all about snow.. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada =p

  11. #11excav8r2010-03-05 14:37

    seems to me he kept reversing in the wrong direction which didn't line him up very well for the next pass